Subject: Application Deadline: Emerging Technologies in Computational Chemistry

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <brenec.-at-.rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:00:46 -0500

Dear Computational Chemists and friends,

This message is to remind everyone that the FIFTH annual Emerging
Technologies in Computational Chemistry Symposium will take place at the

Philadelphia ACS National Meeting this Fall.  This COMP Division
symposium is sponsored by Schrodinger, Inc who generously provides a
$1,000 prize
for the best presentation of the afternoon as determined by a panel of
experts.
Here's a copy of the announcement that's on the COMP Division website
(http://membership.acs.org/C/COMP):

=================

The Computers in Chemistry Division (COMP) of the ACS expects to hold
the fourth annual Symposium on Emerging Technologies in
Computational Chemistry at the American Chemical Society National
Meeting, Philadelphia, USA, August 22-26, 2004. The objective of the
symposium is to stimulate, reward, and publicize methodological advances

in computational chemistry.

The talks will be evaluated by a Panel of Experts based on the impact
the research will have on the future of computational chemistry and
allied sciences. The symposium will be ideal for presenting your latest
and best research on new techniques and software development.

Schrodinger, Inc., will again sponsor a $1000 prize for the best talk at

the symposium.

All are invited to participate. To participate, it is necessary to
submit a regular short ACS abstract via http://oasys.acs.org/ by April
16th, 2004. It is also necessary to email a long (~1000-word) abstract
to the
organizer (Curt M. Breneman, RPI Chemistry) by the same date (April 16,
2004). The talks must be original and not be repeats of talks at other
ACS symposia. The long
abstracts will be evaluated, and those individuals selected for an oral
presentation at the symposium will be notified by the end of April.
Applications for the Emerging Technologies Symposium that cannot be
accepted will be rescheduled in one of the other COMP sessions at the
meeting.

Inquiries and application materials should sent electronically to:

Prof. Curt M. Breneman
Department of Chemistry
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180
E-mail: brenec.-at-.rpi.edu

======================================

See you in Philadelphia!

Curt Breneman
RPI Chemistry