Subject: Annoucement: CCG Excellence Award Application Deadling for Philadelphia ACS Meeting (Fall 2004)

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <brenec.-at-.rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:57:21 -0500

Dear Computational Chemistry graduate students and advisors:

Applications for CCG Excellence Awards are due April 9th, 2004
for the Philadelphia National ACS  Meeting in the Fall of 2004.  The
abstract deadlines for OAsys submission to
the COMP Division is April 16th, so we plan to announce winners by this
date.

Application for these awards is a two-step process. First, an
application for the Award must be submitted to the Treasurer of the COMP

 division for consideration by a panel of experts. The application
consists of an extended
(2-page) abstract of the poster or presentation along with a letter of
support from the research advisor, a two page CV, and a personal
statement. Electronic submission via E-mail attachment is preferred.
Secondly, an abstract of a poster or oral presentation in the
 COMP program must be submitted through the ACS OASYS system for online
submissions prior to the deadline for the meeting at which the awards
will be presented (Philadelphia, in this case).

Awardees are chosen on the basis of the quality and significance of the
research to be presented, as well as the strength of the supporting
letter and other materials. All graduate students are encouraged to
submit applications for the Awards. Students from the same research
group are encouraged to apply. Students from research groups that have
won awards at previous ACS meetings are also encouraged to submit
applications. Awards will be given only to those individuals making
presentations, and not to co-authors.

For questions, contact:

Prof. Curt M. Breneman; Treasurer, ACS COMP Division; RPI Department of
Chemistry; 110 8th St.; Troy, NY 12180

To see photos and details of previous winners, see:
http://membership.acs.org/C/COMP/CCG/ccg.html#winners