Subject: install charmm C27b1 in linux cluster with SUSE system

From: wei <wzhuang:at:uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:16:23 -0400

Hi, all:
when I try to install charmm C27b1 in my linux cluster, I type in:
*******************
install gnu large g77
***********************
and the compilation doesn't give out the executable,and in the gnu.log, it said:
***************************
CHARMM Build on gnu Tue May 4 11:59:45 PDT 2004
/usr/local/charmmfresh/c27b1/tool/preflx /usr/local/charmmfresh/c27b1/source/adumb/cmds.src
  53 Conditional keys: GNU UNIX SCALAR CMPI MPI PARALLEL GENCOMM PARAFULL LARGE PUTFCM OLDDYN PBOUND
     Conditional keys: ACE ADUMB ASPENER BLOCK CFF DIMB DMCONS DOCK FOURD FMA GENETIC GENBORN
     Conditional keys: GBINLINE GBSWIT IMCUBES LATTICE LDM LONEPAIR MC MMFF MOLVIB MTS MULTCAN PATHINT
     Conditional keys: PBEQ PERT PM1 PNOE POLAR PRIMSH REPLICA RGYCONS RISM RXNCOR SHAPES SOFTVDW
     Conditional keys: TNPACK TRAVEL TSM QUANTUM NOGRAPHICS
g77 -malign-double -fno-f2c -fno-backslash -O2 -fugly-complex -fno-globals -Wno-globals -DGNU  -c cmds.f
f771: error: -malign-double makes no sense in the 64bit mode
make: *** [/usr/local/charmmfresh/c27b1/lib/gnu/adumb.a(cmds.o)] Error 1
********************************************
can anyone tell me what is going on?

wei zhuang