Subject: [Summary] Compiling g03 with ifort

From: Paul Fleurat-Lessard <Paul.Fleurat-Lessard<<at>>ens-lyon.fr>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 17:41:45 +0000

Dear CClers,

Some times ago, I asked if somone has already compiled G03 with Intel 
Fortran. I received many hints and I thank here everybody.
With your help, I could manage compiling g03 ... BUT:
- ifort 8.0.034 does not deal with files greater than 2GB, so that you 
have to be careful (back to the old time where you had to put %rwf option !)
- I could not compile newzmat (at least, it did not compile easily and I 
  did not bother taking care of this.)
- Some tests did not suceed.

One important point is that ifort is not (yet?) supported by Gaussian 
Inc. As such, I am not allowed to make my changes publicly available.
I have to say that I understand this limitations: as they told me, if 
someone use such changes and has trouble, that means more work for the 
Gaussian support. As some tests did not succeed, that means that my 
changes are not yet 100% usable.

So, I will not publish here my changes, but just tell you that I needed 
to modify the following files:
- bldg03
- i386.make (one 'public hint': you have to use the -Vaxlib option)
- mdutil.c (I added some 'interfaces')

With best regards,
Paul.

-- 
Fleurat-Lessard Paul, Lecturer  e-mail: Paul.Fleurat-Lessard<<at>>ens-lyon.fr
Laboratoire de Chimie
Ecole Normale Supirieure de Lyon              Tel: + 33 (0)4 72 72 81 54
46, Allie d'Italie                            Fax: + 33 (0)4 72 72 88 60
69364 Lyon Cedex 07

Si vous ne pouvez expliquer un concept ` un enfant de six ans,
c'est que vous ne le comprenez pas complhtement.
                  Albert Einstein