Subject: Workshop: Computational Methods in Crystallography

From: Richard Gillilan <reg8:at:cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:40:01 -0400

Computational Methods in Crystallography
    June 16, 2004, Cornell University

MacCHESS, the Macromolecular Diffraction Facility of the
Cornell High-Energy Synchrotron Source, invites you to attend
a one-day workshop dedicated to computational methods in
protein crystallography. The workshop will be held in conjunction
with the annual CHESS user meeting (starting June 15). Topics
will include phasing algorithms (Statistical and Neutron Shake-
and-Bake), data processing (LABELIT), and automatic structure
solution (Elves), as well as an update on the latest MacCHESS
developments. Exciting afternoon talks will also feature time-resolved
anomalous solution scattering of macromolecules, structure
determination of very large units cells and attosecond
inelastic x-ray scattering in water!

Once again, we will be hosting a poster competition with cash prizes.
Prizes will be awarded in three categories: Best Science, Best
Instrumentation and Best Graphic Design. Posters are invited in a
wide range of topics relating to x-ray science, protein crystallography,
and engineering.  Please also consider joining us for the new G-line
dedication, user talks and banquet on June 15.

Details and online registration form can be found at

     http://www.chess.cornell.edu/