Subject: CCL: Gasuuian MAXCYCLE question

From: "Robert W. Zoellner" <rwz7001[at]humboldt.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:25:31 -0700

Greetings All,

My student and I are attempting to run a job with Gaussian that requires
more optimization cycles than are allowed by the OPT(MAXCYCLE=2000)
numerical limit.  How can we change MAXCYCLE= to allow more than the 2000
cycle limit?  (We've attempted to do this by using the input
MAXCYCLE=1.0e5, for example, without success.)

Thanks for the assistance.

All the best,

Bob Z.

Robert W. Zoellner, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Chemistry
Humboldt State University
One Harpst Street
Arcata, California  95521-8299

telephone:  (707)826-3244
fax:  (707)826-3279