Subject: [Beowulf] CCL:Question regarding Mac G5 performance (fwd from konstantin_kudin/at/yahoo.com)

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen/at/leitl.org>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 23:38:22 +0200

----- Forwarded message from Konstantin Kudin <konstantin_kudin/at/yahoo.com> -----

From: Konstantin Kudin <konstantin_kudin/at/yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:23:48 -0700 (PDT)
To: beowulf/at/beowulf.org
Subject: [Beowulf] CCL:Question regarding Mac G5 performance

> Again...SPEC was included, among a number of others. Would you happen

> to have a cross section of code relevant to computational chemistry  

> that might offer a fair example of platform performance? I'd enjoy a 
> chance to get it into the labs and see how Itanuim 2 might stack up.

 While I can't speak for every code out there, for Gaussian03 I2 seems
to work extremely well:
http://www.princeton.edu/~kkudin/g03_b5_tests_1.txt

 Note that these are ~1 hour long jobs, which surely do not fit in
cache.

 The interesting part is that for some real life codes I2 performance
matches what SPEC numbers would predict. The cost, of course, is a
different issue altogether.

 Konstantin

		
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Domains ? Claim yours for only $14.70/year
http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer 
_______________________________________________
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf/at/beowulf.org
To change your subscription (digest mode or unsubscribe) visit http://www.beowulf.org/mailman/listinfo/beowulf

----- End forwarded message -----
-- 
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a>
______________________________________________________________
ICBM: 48.07078, 11.61144            http://www.leitl.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A  7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE
http://moleculardevices.org         http://nanomachines.net