Subject: Re: CCL:IC50 to Ki

From: "Eric Feyfant" <EFeyfant/at/wyeth.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:06:53 -0400

Hi;
First you can only estimate a Ki from an IC50, and for that you need to
know Substrate concentration, Km and the mode of action (competitive
inhibitor, non competitive, un-competitive ....).
I suggest you an old paper that I found useful for me: Yung-Chi Cheng
and William H Prusoff, Biochemical Pharmacology, Vol22 pp 3099-3108,
1973.
 
Eric

>>> "Bhavesh Borate" <bhaveshb/at/VLifeSciences.com> 5/27/2004 12:38:42 AM
>>>

Hello All, I have data of lignads in Ki and IC50 values. I need to
convert all IC50 values to their corresponding Ki values.Can anyone
suggest how to do this ?? Thanks  Bhavesh

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.690 / Virus Database: 451 - Release Date: 5/22/2004

---

From: "Renxiao Wang" <renxiao_at_med.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:56:51 -0400

Hi, Bhavesh!

I am afraid there is no general solution for this. For some types of
binding assays, there are procedures for converting IC50 to Ki values,
such as the Cheng-Prusoff equation.

Regards,

Renxiao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Renxiao Wang, Ph.D.
Research Investigator
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology Division
University of Michigan Medical School
Ann Arbor, MI 48109, U.S.A.
Tel: (734) 764-2449; Fax: (734) 764-2532
E-mail: renxiao_at_med.umich.edu
Web: http://sw8.im.med.umich.edu/~arthur/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> "Bhavesh Borate" <bhaveshb_at_VLifeSciences.com> 05/27/04 12:38AM >>>
Hello All,
 
I have data of lignads in Ki and IC50 values. I need to convert all
IC50
values to their corresponding Ki values.
Can anyone suggest how to do this ??
 
Thanks 
 
Bhavesh

---