Subject: Annoucement: The PDBbind database is available now

From: "Renxiao Wang" <renxiao/at/med.umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:59:34 -0400

Dear Researchers,

We would like to announce the release of the PDBbind database. This
database, which is public-accessible at http://www.pdbbind.org/, is
designed to provide a collection of binding affinity data for the
protein-ligand complexes on the whole PDB level. Its current contents
include binding affinity data (Kd, Ki, & IC50) for nearly 1500
protein-ligand complexes. The development of this database is described
in a recently published paper on J. Med. Chem., 2004, 47(12),
2977-2980.

Academic and governmental users may access the full contents of this
database for free; while industrial users may do so with a moderate
amount of subscription fee. Please follow the instructions on the
PDBbind web site to register.

We wish this database will help with a wide range of docking/scoring
studies. We will work very hard to maintain and update this database.

Best regards,

Renxiao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Renxiao Wang, Ph.D.
Research Investigator
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology Division
University of Michigan Medical School
Ann Arbor, MI 48109, U.S.A.
Tel: (734) 764-2449; Fax: (734) 764-2532
E-mail: renxiao/at/med.umich.edu
Web: http://sw8.im.med.umich.edu/~arthur/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------