Subject: The hydrophocities for 20 amino acids

From: "tomoko niwa" <tomokoniwa!at!gamma.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:47:14 +0900

We have defined hydrophobic parameters for 20 amino acids by using
experimentally determined octanol/water partition coefficients of
peptides by Dr. Akamatsu and co-workers.  Our parameters have been shown
to work well in analyzing biological activities of peptides and protein
stabilities and characterizing ligand binding sites of proteins.
Reprints are available on request. 

Sotomatsu-Niwa, Tomoko; Ogino, Akio, Evaluation of the hydrophobic
parameters of the amino acid side chains of peptides and their
application in QSAR and conformational studies, 
THEOCHEM (1997), 392, 43-54.

Niwa, Sotomatsu Tomoko; Ogino, Akio, Multiple regression analysis of the
beta-sheet propensity of amino acids, THEOCHEM (1997), 419, 155-160.

Regards, Tomoko

At 11:46 AM 5/19/2004 -0400, Baoqiang Cao wrote:
>Dear CCL members,
>
>I need the experimental results of the hydrophobicities for 20 amino 
>acids, could you please show me how I can get them? Any tips will be 
>welcome!
>
>Best,
>  Cao
>

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Tomoko Niwa, Ph.D. 
Discovery Research Lab. Nippon Shinyaku Co., Ltd.
14, Nishinosho-Monguchi-cho, Kisshoin, 
Minami-ku Kyoto, 601-8550 Japan
tel +81-75-321-9171, fax +81-75-321-9038
t.niwa!at!po.nippon-shinyaku.co.jp
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=