Subject: binding energy of Zn2+ ligands

From: Oliver Hucke <ohucke[at]u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:39:04 -0700

Dear CCL'ers,

I am looking for literature describing the influence of the basicity of 
metal ion ligands (ideally Zn2+ ligands) on the binding energy.

For example, I would expect the binding energy for an imidazole to be 
more favorable than for an imidazole with an electron withdrawing 
substituent, let's say an -SO2-group.

Can somebody point me to articles on this matter?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Oliver

-- 
_______________________________________________________________

Oliver Hucke, Dr.
                               Health Sciences Building - K418C
University of Washington      1959 NE Pacific St.
Dept. of Biochemistry         phone: (206) 685 7046
Box 357742                    fax  : (206) 685 7002
Seattle, WA 98195-7742        email: ohucke[at]u.washington.edu
_______________________________________________________________