Subject: ifc8.0 error

From: caroline taylor <cmtaylor*at*kff1.uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:37:16 -0500 (CDT)

Hello, all.

I'm trying to get version 8 of the intel fortran compiler working (ifc7
is fine), and everything runs fine if I do a static build of some
program. The compiler appears to build/install correctly, and will build a
(dynamic) executable, but I get the following error when I try to run that
executable:

./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libcxa.so.5: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

The file _is_ in the directory that the compiler looks in:
> ls -l /opt/intel_fc_80/lib/ 
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       229564 Oct 29  2003 libcxa.a
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1052 Oct 29  2003 libcxaguard.a
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           27 Oct 29  2003 libcxaguard.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2496 Oct 29  2003 libcxaguard.so.5
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           22 Oct 29  2003 libcxa.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       172615 Oct 29  2003 libcxa.so.5

and the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is set correctly in the run scripts
(this is the only suggestion provided by Intel, and hasn't helped anyone
else, either).

Does anyone out there have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!!!
	Caroline

---------------------------------------------
Dr. Caroline M. Taylor
Department of Chemistry
University of Chicago, James Franck Institute
5640 S. Ellis Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
(773) 702-7223
http://kff1.uchicago.edu/~cmtaylor
---------------------------------------------