Subject: Re: CCL:Pharmacophore Datamining Competition

From: "Joerg K. Wegner" <wegnerj~at~informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:00:18 +0200

Dear CCL-users,

Dear CCL users is anyone able to provide the whole community with an 
open available data set, which can be also used by the machine learning 
and data mining community as benchmark. E.g., like the NIPS feature 
selection challenge (only synthetic, no molecular structures).
http://www.nipsfsc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/

In my opinion we need open QSAR and Pharmacophore benchmark data sets 
and not only small or synthetic benchmark data sets available by the 
machine learning community without any structural informations.

And we need also a good standard-data set and framework to test against! 
Otherwise, we will compare 'apples-and-oranges'.
And because there is a huge possibility to 'transform/convert' actual 
data sets, i mean really standard-data-sets, where the most users can 
agree with, in using it without any further needs to modify it.
Otherwise this will become a new benchmark data set.

With friendly regards, Joerg Kurt Wegner

-- 
Dipl. Chem. Joerg K. Wegner
Center of Bioinformatics Tuebingen (ZBIT)
Department of Computer Architecture
Univ. Tuebingen, Sand 1, D-72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Phone: (+49/0) 7071 29 78970
Fax: (+49/0) 7071 29 5091
E-Mail: mailto:wegnerj~at~informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
WWW:    http://www-ra.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
--
Never mistake motion for action.
                                     (E. Hemingway)

Never mistake action for meaningful action.
                                (Hugo Kubinyi,2004)