Subject: Re: CCL:Question about binding energy and deprotonation energy

From: "Peter Gannett" <pgannett{at}hsc.wvu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:32:48 -0400

Qiang:

Seems to me that you can't say since you don't state the relative
energies of B and BH.  But then thermo was never my strong point.

Pete Gannett

>>> Qiang Lu <qiangl{at}uci.edu> 7/16/2004 4:11:17 PM >>>
Hi CCLERs,

   Think about the following two reaction:

   A + B-H = AB-H
   A + B  =  AB

   The total energy of AB-H is lower than AB, but the binding energy
   between A and B of AB is higher than that of AB-H.

   Then which state is prefer between AB-H and AB? In another words,
   is it prefer a deprotonated state of AB-H or not in the nature?
   
-- 
Best regards,
 Qiang Lu                         mailto:qiangl{at}uci.edu 

-= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script
=-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your
Subject: line
and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY{at}ccl.net 

Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to:
CHEMISTRY-REQUEST{at}ccl.net 
HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs 

If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the
maintainer:
Jan Labanowski,  jlabanow{at}nd.edu (read about it on CCL Home Page)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+