Subject: Re: CCL:Mopac7 under IRIX

From: Andras.Borosy!at!givaudan.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:52:44 +0200

May be, but none asked this question.

Andras Borosy

Eugen Leitl <eugen!at!leitl.org>
29.07.2004 18:33

        To:     Andras.Borosy!at!givaudan.com, chemistry!at!ccl.net
        cc: 
        Subject:        Re: CCL:Mopac7 under IRIX

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 12:27:44PM +0200, Andras.Borosy!at!givaudan.com 
wrote:

> I could never compile these kind fo QC programs on IRIX without its own 
> Fortran compiler. It does not cost a lot (~3500 USD for commercial 
> companies) and is said to be much better then GCC,

3.5 k$ would buy me a nice dual-Opteron workstation, with plenty of 
memory,
dual 15 krpm drives, a x86_64 Linux and gcc 3.4 (latter both free).

This would be a far useful machine for numerical work, imho.

-- 
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a>
______________________________________________________________
ICBM: 48.07078, 11.61144            http://www.leitl.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A  7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE
http://moleculardevices.org         http://nanomachines.net