Subject: OpenEye Workshop: Rapid lead identification with ROCS and FRED

From: George Vacek <vacek!at!eyesopen.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 11:11:51 -0600

OpenEye will be hosting a training workshop at the ACS National Meeting 
in Philadelphia.  If you plan to attend that meeting and would like an 
introduction to ROCS and FRED, please consider attending our workshop.

Title: Rapid lead identification with ROCS and FRED
Wednesday, August 25, 3:30-6:00pm
Room 305, Pennsylvania Convention Center, ACS National Meeting in LA

Attendance is free but seating is limited and strictly enforced by ACS. 
Register to attend at www.chemistry.org/expoplanner

Abstract:
The chemistry of molecular interactions boils down to shape and 
electrostatics. This workshop focuses on rapid lead identification in 
drug discovery using OpenEye software developed under that philosophy. 
It will begin with a brief overview of OpenEye's complete offering, 
before focusing on FRED and ROCS.  FRED offers extremely fast, 
exhaustive docking of ligands within a protein active site, while the 
ligand-based ROCS provides rapid 3D molecular shape similarity searches. 
Either can be guided by known pharmacophore features.  The workshop will 
include some theory, example cases, software demonstrations and the 
opportunity for hands-on tutorial.

Regards,
George Vacek
VP, Business Development
OpenEye Scientific Software