Subject: Computational Nanoscience: Pacific Rim Conference brought from Australia to your PC

From: Barry Hardy <barry.hardy-.at.-tiscalinet.ch>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:27:49 +0200

The Nanotech Hub presents over the Internet the Program from the Pacific 
Rim Conference in Nanoscience, Broome, Australia to be held 7-12 September 
2004. The conference is chaired by Professor Nick Quirke, Imperial College 
London, and includes contributions from leading researchers in the Pacific 
Region, in addition to invited top speakers from Europe and the USA.

All lectures including slides and audio from the conference will be 
available through the Web site located at http://nanotech.colayer.net/.

All virtual registrants may present a poster through the Web site for 
viewing and discussion.

This conference is multidisciplinary, includes the disciplines of physics, 
chemistry, biology and engineering, and contains a significant amount of 
leading computational chemistry research in nanoscience.

The program covers current key research areas in nanoscience including 
nanofluidics, nanobio interfaces, nanofabrication, water, energy and 
minerals, nanoparticles, and computational nanoscience. Lectures on hot 
topics and workshops will also accompany the invited speaker program.

The virtual conference provides an opportunity to those unable to attend 
the physical conference in Broome, Australia to access and listen to all 
talks from the conference and to post questions and discussion items.

Conference Speakers

N. Quirke, Imperial College London; T. Becker, Universitdt Ulm, 
Ulm,Germany; C. Amatore, Universite de Paris, France; M. Sastry, National 
Chemical Laboratory, India; M. Pettitt, University of Houston, USA; S. 
Chou, Princeton University, USA; M. Y. Simmons, University of NSW, 
Australia; T. Turney, CSIRO Nanotechnology Centre, Australia; D. Evans, 
Australian National University; B. Hobbs, Chief Scientist, WA, Australia; 
K. Y. Chan, University of Hong Kong, HK; G. Parkinson, Curtin University, 
Australia; M. Lu ,University of Queensland, Australia; J. Gale, Curtin 
University, Australia; F. Caruso, University of Melbourne, Australia; K. 
Kaneko, Chiba University, Japan; P. Cummings, Vanderbilt University and Oak 
Ridge National Laboratory, USA; A. Fuchs, Universite de Paris Sud, France; 
B. Todd, Swinburne, University of Technology, Melbourne; P. McCormick, 
University of Western Australia, Perth; F. Stellacci, MIT, USA; I. Snook, 
RMIT , Melbourne, Australia; N. Kanellopoulos, NOE Coordinator, NCSR 
Demokritos, Greece;  B. Hobbs, APNF; A. Appleton, Accelrys; J. R. 
Henderson, Univ. of Leeds, UK; Y. Kaneko, Kyoto University, Japan; D.J. 
Henry, RMIT University, Australia

Conference abstracts and news and views will be made available on an 
ongoing basis through the Blog located at 
http://barryhardy.blogs.com/nanomosis/

Please visit http://nanotech.colayer.net/ for further program information 
and to signup.

Barry Hardy
Douglas Connect, Switzerland
www.douglasconnect.com
+41 61 851 0170 (office)
Blogs:
On Nanotechnology  - Nanomosis: http://barryhardy.blogs.com/nanomosis/
On Cheminformatics & Modelling - Cheminfostream: 
http://barryhardy.blogs.com/cheminfostream/