Subject: Chemaxon Announces Free Software for the Academic Community Via the Jchem and Marvin Academic Package

From: Alex Allardyce <aa:at:chemaxon.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 19:55:07 +0200

CHEMAXON ANNOUNCES FREE SOFTWARE FOR THE ACADEMIC COMMUNITY VIA THE 
JCHEM AND MARVIN ACADEMIC PACAKGE

Budapest, Hungary: ChemAxon, a software solutions provider for life 
sciences today announced free licenses for Marvin and JChem toolkits for 
the teaching and academic research community with the creation of its 
Academic Package program.

ChemAxon's Academic Package is a community driven effort to enable 
students to gain experience with the state of the art tools being used 
within life science and chemical research today. Relevant to all 
educational institutions, with some restrictions, successful applicants 
will receive free licenses to all ChemAxon's toolkits. The program aims 
to give schools and universities the basic tools to develop interactive 
chemistry teaching resources and advanced tools to enable students and 
staff to perform original research from within a single powerful platform.

ChemAxon's Java based Cheminformatics toolkits include: Marvin for 
editing and viewing chemical structures, reactions and queries, 
Calculator Plugins for prediction of various properties based on 
structure, JChem Base for structure and reaction searching and database 
handling, JChem Cartridge for Oracle. database integration, Reactor for 
structure transformations and virtual synthesis, Screen for 
pharmacophore and structure based screening and other tools for the 
exploration of drug design.

"We believe there will be 2 main areas of interest; with Marvin and 
JChem Base to deliver cheminformatics platforms for online, offline 
campus wide chemistry teaching and our more focused toolkits to support 
original research" Ferenc Csizmadia, CEO of ChemAxon said, and added, 
"Our toolkits have benefited greatly from the relationships ChemAxon has 
enjoyed with educators and researchers since the beginning and this is a 
way to giving something back."

About ChemAxon
ChemAxon is a leader in providing Java based chemical software 
development platforms for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical 
industries. With core capabilities including; structure visualization 
and management, property predictions, virtual synthesis, screening and 
drug design, ChemAxon focuses upon active interaction with users and 
core portability to create powerful, cost effective cross platform 
solutions and programming interfaces to power modern cheminformatics and 
chemical communication.

For further information please visit www.chemaxon.com or contact: Alex 
Allardyce, Director of Communications on: +361 453 2660 or aa:at:chemaxon.com.

For link to this story please visit: 
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/07-27-2004/0002219110&EDATE=

-- 
Alex Allardyce
Communications Director

Chemaxon Ltd
Maramaros kvz 3/a
Budapest, 1037 Hungary
Tel.: +361 4532658
Fax.: +361 4532659

e-mail: aa:at:chemaxon.com