Subject: InterNanotech Community launch

From: Barry Hardy <barry.hardy!at!tiscalinet.ch>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 17:06:38 +0200

The InterNanotech Community of Practice in computational and experimental 
nanotechnology launches next week at the Pacific Rim Conference in 
Nanoscience, Broome, Australia.  The conference is chaired by Professor 
Nick Quirke, Imperial College London, includes contributions from leading 
researchers in the Pacific Region, in addition to invited speakers from 
Europe and the USA, and contains a significant amount of advanced 
computational chemistry applied to nanotech research problems.

All lectures including slides and audio from the conference will be 
available through the Web site located at http://nanotech.colayer.net/.

This community project is an international, interdisciplinary community for 
scientists working in research areas of relevance to nanoscience and 
nanotechnology.

The activities of the community support the rapid exchange of new research 
results and discussion in experimental and computational nanoscience. 
Members can attend regular Virtual Seminar sessions to keep up with 
research news and results from leading experts in the field.

Oversight, advice and guidance of the scientific program is provided by a 
Scientific Advisory Board, chaired by Prof. Nick Quirke of Imperial College 
London.

Running November 2004: Modelling of Membranes and Ion Channels, chaired by 
Richard Pastor, FDA CBER, USA

Running in 2005: International Conference in Experimental & Computational 
Nanoscience, 2005

Topics: Nanofluidics, nanobiology, nanofabrication, nanoparticles, 
computational nanoscience, nanomaterials, nanodevices, nanoelectronics, 
molecular manufacturing, activated carbon and zeolite design, 
self-assembly, health, safety, environmental and medical applications.

Conference sessions will be held monthly in Spring and Autumn 2005.

Call for Seminars/Papers: Please submit a short summary proposal for a 
proposed session you would be interested in chairing (ca. 500 words) or for 
a talk you would wish to present (ca. 300 words) to 
nanotech!at!douglasconnect.com by 31 October 2004.

All papers will be considered for publication in Molecular Simulation and 
the forthcoming Journal of Experimental Nanoscience (first issue, January 
2006).

best regards
Barry Hardy

Barry Hardy, PhD
Douglas Connect, Switzerland
www.douglasconnect.com
+41 61 851 0170 (office)
+41 79 755 2340 (mobile)
Email: barry.hardy!at!tiscalinet.ch