Subject: Re: CCL:predict 3D structure from sequence

From: "Lei Wang" <lei.wang!at!louisville.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:12:08 -0400

There are two approach, with the 3D structure of a template, or without.
The first one called Camparative Protein Modeling, which requires a 3d
structure of a protein, which has >30% sequence Similarity comparing to
target. It's pretty reliable.  The second approach has lower success
rate..

>>> "Shobe, David" <dshobe!at!sud-chemieinc.com> 9/1/2004 2:42:33 PM >>>
I understand some progress has been made in the past decade, but this
is still an unsolved problem, isn't it?

--David Shobe, Ph.D., M.L.S.
S|d-Chemie, Inc.
phone (502) 634-7409
fax (502) 634-7724

Don't bother flaming me: I'm behind a firewall.

-----Original Message-----
From: Computational Chemistry List [mailto:chemistry-request!at!ccl.net]On

Behalf Of J. Zheng
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 12:57 PM
To: chemistry!at!ccl.net 
Subject: CCL:predict 3D structure from sequence

hi, folks:

Do you know any software can predict 3D structure of protein according
the
sequence of amino acid?

Jie

-----------------------------------------------
|  JIE ZHENG                          	      |
|  Graduate Student			      |
|  Department of Chemical Engineering	      |
|  University of Washington		      |
|  Seattle, WA 98105, USA   		      |
-----------------------------------------------
|  Tel:  (206) 529-1373 (h)		      |
|        (206) 616-6510 (o)		      |
| Email: jzheng73..at..u.washington.edu	      |
-----------------------------------------------

-= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script
=-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your
Subject: line
and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY..at..ccl.net 

Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to:
CHEMISTRY-REQUEST..at..ccl.net 
HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs 

If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the
maintainer:
Jan Labanowski,  jlabanow..at..nd.edu (read about it on CCL Home Page)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+