Subject: CCL: Interaction energy of dimer in G03.

From: Pijush Ghosh <pijush.ghosh$at$ndsu.nodak.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:46:53 -0500

Dear CCL Friends.
    I am new to this field of quantum mechanics. I  would greatly 
appreciate in advance if someone help me in the following matter.
  I have two molecules A and B, placed at a certain distance apart, not 
connected by any real bonds. I want to find the interaction energy 
between these two molecule using a particular basis set say X. Can 
somebody tell me the steps in details to be followed in  Gaussian03 to 
determine this. Please let me know how to calculate BSSE and apply it in 
this case.
   Regards.

Pijush Ghosh
PhD Student
Department of Civil Engg.
North Dakota State University.
Fargo. ND-58105 USA
Phone:   701-231-6491(lab)
             701-231-4096(Res).