Subject: [MMTK] MMTK 2.5.1 with PyMOL support (fwd from hinsen{at}llb.saclay.cea.fr)

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen{at}leitl.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:03:33 +0200

----- Forwarded message from hinsen{at}llb.saclay.cea.fr -----

From: hinsen{at}llb.saclay.cea.fr
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:38:03 +0200
To: pymol-users{at}lists.sourceforge.net,
	"'mmtk{at}starship.python.net' list" <mmtk{at}python.net>
Cc: 
Subject: [MMTK] MMTK 2.5.1 with PyMOL support
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.619)

A new development release of MMTK is available for download. See

	http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/MMTK/download.html

for details. The major new experimental feature is the PyMOL interface 
module. If Python scripts using MMTK are run from inside PyMOL, then 
all visualization routines will automatically use PyMOL. Animations of 
all kind are supported.

The PyMOL interface module also permits to obtain molecular data from 
PyMOL and work on it. This is illustrated by two plugins, which can be 
downloaded as well:

- normal_mode_plugin.py
  Computes normal modes using a simplified model for the protein that is
  loaded into PyMOL. The normal modes are shown using animations.

- deformation_plugin.py
  Performs a normal-mode based deformation analysis that identifies 
rigid
  and flexible regions in a protein. The result is shown by 
colour-coding.

A third plugin, trajectory_plugin.py, loads MMTK trajectories into 
PyMOL for visualization.

As always, feedback is welcome!
--
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire L=E9on Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France
Tel.: +33-1 69 08 79 25
Fax: +33-1 69 08 82 61
E-Mail: hinsen{at}llb.saclay.cea.fr
---------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
mmtk maillist  -  mmtk{at}starship.python.net
http://starship.python.net/mailman/listinfo/mmtk

----- End forwarded message ------- 
Eugen* Leitl <a href=3D"http://leitl.org">leitl</a>
______________________________________________________________
ICBM: 48.07078, 11.61144            http://www.leitl.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A  7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE
http://moleculardevices.org         http://nanomachines.net