Subject: ECCC10 Preliminary Announcement

From: "Robert Topper" <rtopper:at:monmouth.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:10:23 -0400 (EDT)

Preliminary ECCC10 Announcement

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that the 10th Electronic
Computational Chemistry Conference will be held during the month of April
2005, entirely on the Internet, at http://eccc.monmouth.edu. A call for
papers will follow this announcement in the very near future.

As in previous years, ECCC10 is a multidisciplinary, international
conference and covers all aspects of computational and theoretical
chemistry and materials science, as well as computational molecular
biology, computational and theoretical molecular and atomic physics,
visualization, chem- and bio-informatics, the history of computational
chemistry
and related fields. Participants will be able to view the
presentations and discuss them entirely through a web browser.

As with the previous nine ECCCs, ECCC10 will have NO registration fee
and is a completely virtual, online conference. The ECCC was originally
conceived of and developed by Steven Bachrach, who organized the first
five meetings.

Abstracts for all contributions to ECCC10 will be reviewed by the
Scientific Organizing Committee (SOC) to insure novelty, scientific
value, and appopriateness for inclusion in the conference. Invitations to
join the SOC will be issued shortly; volunteers who would like to help
with various aspects of the conference (including volunteers for SOC
membership) would be most welcome.

All presentations must be made in HTML format and ideally will take full
advantage of the interactive nature of the World-Wide Web to present
their findings and conclusions. Authors may choose to either serve their
contributions from their own local web site, or may request us to serve
them from our own server. Uploaded contributions will be removed from our
server at the end of ECCC10.

As in ECCC9, a single weeklong "interactive" session will be part of the
conference. This session will be held via asynchronous posting of
questions to the conference site, which authors can choose to receive
either at the site, at their personal email account, or both. All authors
must commit to having at least one coauthor available to answer questions
(i.e. by checking the discussion board at least once daily) during the
"interactive" session to provide timely responses (within approximately
24 hours) to any questions that conferees may have about their online
presentation.

I very much look forward to your active participation in ECCC10.

Robert Q. Topper
Department of Chemistry, Medical Technology and Physics
Monmouth University
West Long Branch, NJ
rtopper:at:monmouth.edu
http://eccc.monmouth.edu