Subject: CINF Program for the national ACS meeting, San Diego, March 13-17 , 2005: Call for papers

From: Terry Wright <T.Wright[at]mdl.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:53:35 -0700

Dear all:

You and your colleagues are cordially invited to contribute papers for the
CINF (Division of Chemical Information) program at the 229th ACS National
Meeting, San Diego, CA, March 13-17, 2005.

The complete listing of session topics and organizers are listed below.
Abstracts may be submitted electronically via the OASYS system on the ACS
web site:

The url is http://oasys.acs.org <http://oasys.acs.org/>  and then click on
the CINF hyperlink for access to all the sessions. Abstracts can be
submitted until November 23, 2004. If you have questions about individual
sessions, please contact the associated session organizers.

Thanks for your interest and participation.

Terry Wright - CINF Program Chair

MDL Information Systems

14600 Catalina Street

San Leandro, CA 94577

Phone: 510-357-2222 ext. 1392

Email: terryw~at~mdli.com

Complete CINF Program:

Symposium Title 

Symposium Organizers 

ADME/tox
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=4643>
Informatics 
Cosponsored with COMP, MEDI, and TOXI
ORAL 

Osman F. Güner, Accelrys Inc, 9685 Scranton Road, San Diego, CA 92121-3752,
Phone: 858-799-5341, Fax: 858-799-5100, osman~at~accelrys.com
<mailto:osman~at~accelrys.com> 

Applications
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=6471>  of
information theory in chemistry 
Cosponsored with COMP
ORAL 

Veerabahu Shanmugasundaram, Computer-Assisted Drug Discovery, Pfizer Global
Research & Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, Phone:
734-622-7131, Fax: 734-622-2782, Veerabahu.Shanmugasundaram~at~pfizer.com
<mailto:Veerabahu.Shanmugasundaram~at~pfizer.com> . Gerald M Maggiora,
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arizona, College of
Pharmacy, Tucson, AZ 85721, Phone: 520-626-5905,
maggiora~at~pharmacy.arizona.edu <mailto:maggiora~at~pharmacy.arizona.edu> 

Careers
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=6047>  in
Chemical Information 
Cosponsored with YCC
ORAL 

Philip Barnett, Science/Engineering Library, City College of New York,
Convent Avenue at 138th Street, New York, NY 10031, Phone: 212-650-8243,
Fax: 212-650-7626, phibarn~at~sci.ccny.cuny.edu
<mailto:phibarn~at~sci.ccny.cuny.edu> 

Chemical
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=6049>
Information Needs for Marine Biology 
Cosponsored with BIOL
ORAL 

Suresh B. Singh, Concurrent Pharmaceuticals, 502 West Office Center Drive,
Fort Washington, PA 19034, Phone: 215-461-2048, Fax: 215-461-2006,
ssingh~at~concurrentpharma.com <mailto:ssingh~at~concurrentpharma.com> 

Current
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=6045>
Status of e-Books 
ORAL 

Erja Kajosalo, Libraries, MAssachusetts Institute of Technology, Building
14S-134, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, Phone: 617-253-9795,
kajosalo~at~mit.edu <mailto:kajosalo~at~mit.edu> 

Emerging
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=4644>
Technologies: Image Data Management 
ORAL 

Laurel A. Harmon, Striatus, 8703 Webster Hills Road, Dexter, MI 48130,
Phone: 734-426-6272, Fax: 734-661-0409, lharmon~at~striatus.com
<mailto:lharmon~at~striatus.com> 

General
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=5410>
Papers 
ORAL 

Terry Wright, MDL Information Systems, Inc, 14600 Catalina Street, San
Leandro, CA 94577, Phone: 510-357-2222, Fax: 510-614-3652, terryw~at~mdli.com
<mailto:terryw~at~mdli.com> 

Informatics
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=6043>  and
High Throughput Experimentation 
Cosponsored with MEDI
ORAL 

Mitchell A. Miller, Consultant, 955 Ridge Hill Lane, Suite 30, Midvale, UT
84047, Phone: 801 569 1390, Fax: 208 445 0223, ChemMitch~at~yahoo.com
<mailto:ChemMitch~at~yahoo.com> 

Informatics
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=5405>
Challenges for Startups 
Cosponsored with SCHB
ORAL 

Terry Wright, MDL Information Systems, Inc, 14600 Catalina Street, San
Leandro, CA 94577, Phone: 510-357-2222, Fax: 510-614-3652, terryw~at~mdli.com
<mailto:terryw~at~mdli.com> 

Materials
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=5408>
Informatics 
Cosponsored with FUEL, PETR, and POLY
ORAL 

Laurel A. Harmon, Striatus, 8703 Webster Hills Road, Dexter, MI 48130,
Phone: 734-426-6272, Fax: 734-661-0409, lharmon~at~striatus.com
<mailto:lharmon~at~striatus.com> 

Poster
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=5411>
Session 
POSTER 

Terry Wright, MDL Information Systems, Inc, 14600 Catalina Street, San
Leandro, CA 94577, Phone: 510-357-2222, Fax: 510-614-3652, terryw~at~mdli.com
<mailto:terryw~at~mdli.com> 

Safe <http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=6050>
Exchange of Chemical Information: Can Relevant Chemical Information be
Exchanged Without Disclosing Chemical Structures? 
Cosponsored with COMP
ORAL 

Christopher A. Lipinski, Exploratory Medicinal Sciences, Pfizer Global
Research and Development, Groton Laboratories (retired), Eastern Point Road,
mail stop 8200-36, Groton, CT 06340, Phone: 860-715-4656, Fax: 860-715-3149,
christopher_a_lipinski~at~groton.pfizer.com
<mailto:christopher_a_lipinski~at~groton.pfizer.com> . Tudor I. Oprea, Division
of Biocomputing, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, MSC 084560, 1
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001, Phone: 505 272 6950,
toprea~at~salud.unm.edu <mailto:toprea~at~salud.unm.edu> 

Technical
<http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=5407>
Intelligence 
ORAL

Anthony J. Trippe, Science IP/Chemical Abstracts Service, 2540 Olentangy
River Rd., Columbus, OH 43210, Phone: 614-447-3761, atrippe~at~cas.org
<mailto:atrippe~at~cas.org> 

The <http://oasys.acs.org/acs/229nm/cinf/symposia/index.cgi?username=6040>
Future of Scientific Publishing 
Cosponsored with CSA Trust
ORAL

Guenter Grethe, Consultant, 352 Channing Way, Alameda, CA 94502-7409, Phone:
510-333-7526, Fax: 510-865-5152, ggrethe~at~comcast.net
<mailto:ggrethe~at~comcast.net>