Subject: Manipulating SD and CSV/TSV files...

From: "Manish Sud" <msud(at)san.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:11:37 -0700

MayaChemTools, a collection of command line Perl scripts to manipulate SD
and CSV/TSV text files, is available as free software; you can redistribute
it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU LGPL. Some of these scripts
are quite straightforward and others a bit more involved, but all of them,
at least in my biased view, are quite useful.

MayaChemTools package provides these scripts for splitting, joining, and
merging of SD and CSV/TSV files:

For SD files: ExtractFromSDFiles.pl,
              FilterSDFiles.pl,
              InfoSDFiles.pl,
              SplitSDFiles.pl,
              JoinSDFiles.pl,
              MolFilesToSD.pl,
              SDToMolFiles.pl

For CSV/TSV files: SplitTextFiles.pl,
                   JoinTextFiles.pl,
                   MergeTextFiles.pl,
                   ModifyTextFilesFormat.pl
                  MergeTextFilesWithSD.pl

As you can imagine, all of these scripts also provide a variety of command
line options to address all kinds of different needs. And the documentation
available with MayaChemTools package describes these options thoroughly -
the documentation is available in man, txt and html formats.

Interested in trying out the package? Please send me a message at
msud(at)san.rr.com and I'll email the package as soon as possible.

And of course, your feedback is also welcome.

Manish

msud(at)san.rr.com