Subject: Trinity College Dublin in collaboration with Chemical Computing Group

From: "Lisa Subissati" <lsubissati!at!chemcomp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:11:23 -0400

PRESS RELEASE

MOE made available to Irish academics in unique  National Demo 

MONTREAL, CA, AND DUBLIN, IRELAND. OCTOBER 15, 2004 - Trinity College Dublin
(TCD) is collaborating with Chemical Computing Group (CCG) to provide a
three-month trial of molecular simulations software as part of a
demonstration of an Irish national facility for high-end scientific
computing.

CCG s Molecular Operating Environment (MOE), which is a comprehensive
software system for computer-assisted drug discovery and life sciences
modeling, will be made available on a secure website to eligible Irish
academics for download and use for a three-month period, commencing 15th
October 2004. Some training material will also be provided. Academics will
be encouraged to use and to promulgate use of MOE locally, in order to
demonstrate the possibilities for research offered by the availability of
such software, and explore potential uses in the area for high-end hardware.

The overall purpose of the trial is therefore to demonstrate the feasibility
and desirability of widespread availability of such technology, with a view
to providing more permanent such arrangements in Ireland in future. 

The demo is being co-ordinated by Dr Geoff Bradley of the Trinity Centre for
High Performance Computing, in collaboration with Dr Graeme Watson of the
Department of Chemistry, and Dr. David Lloyd, Hitachi Lecturer and head of
the TCD Molecular Design Group in the Department of Biochemistry.  We are
delighted to be working with Chemical Computing Group on this,  said Dr
Lloyd,  MOE s wide range of applications in the area of biomolecular
simulation and drug discovery, coupled with its flexibility of access and
onward development capabilities, make it ideal for this sort of distributed
use.  Underpinning the infrastructure requirements of the national demo is
the Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing.

Dr. Steve Maginn, Director of Scientific Services at Chemical Computing
Group, said  The Irish academic community is an ideal size, and Trinity
College Dublin is ideally placed to turn the concept of widespread access to
computational scientific facilities into a reality. We are very much looking
forward to the trial and to continuing to work with Trinity on this on a
more permanent basis in future. 

Further Information:

Chemical Computing Group Inc. is a leading provider of computational
applications aimed at the drug discovery and design marketplace. CCG's
flagship product is the award winning Molecular Operating Environment, which
offers visualization, simulation, and methodology development in one
package. MOE provides an integrated suite of powerful, yet intuitive
chemistry software tools for HTS, Structure Based Design, Molecular modeling
and Protein and Homology modeling as well as an embedded programming
language for the rapid prototyping of scientific methods. Computational
chemists, medicinal chemists and biologists use MOE in pharmaceutical
companies, biotechnology companies, and universities worldwide. CCG's
headquarters are in Montrial, Canada, with offices in Kvln, Germany and
Cambridge, UK. For more information, visit www.chemcomp.com or send E-mail
to info!at!chemcomp.com. In Asia, MOE is distributed by Ryoka Systems. Please
visit www.rsi.co.jp/science.html or send E-mail to goto!at!cubs.bio.rsi.co.jp
for more information.

For more information see http://demo.tchpc.tcd.ie 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

Stay current on all CCG news. Visit us at http://www.chemcomp.com

Lisa Subissati
Marketing Associate

Chemical Computing Group
1010 Sherbrooke St. West (Suite 910)
Montreal, Quebec   H3A 2R7
T: (514) 393-1055 x 43
F: (514) 874-9538