Subject: "New Horizons in Molecular Informatics", Cambridge/UK, 7/12/2004

From: Andreas Bender <ab454..at..cam.ac.uk>
Date: 23 Nov 2004 14:07:10 +0000

Dear CCL'lers,

I would like to invite you to a one-day symposium taking place in 
Cambridge/UK on 7 December 2004 on

"New Horizons to Molecular Informatics"

The (slightly abstract) text from the conference brochure: "This 
symposium addresses how we can best create, manipulate and integrate 
molecular data to deepen our understanding of molecules and their 
properties and to allow novel in-silico experimentation. In 
particular, speakers will discuss optimising the chances of discovery 
resulting from applications of informatics technologies."

To give a few keywords: in-silico metabolic pathways, virtual 
screening, bioinformatics and society, computer-aided drug discovery 
to improve attrition rates, representation of chemical information 
(CML/XML) and applications of electronic notebooks will be discussed.

Speakers include Johann Gasteiger (University of Erlangen, Germany), 
Peter Willett (University of Sheffield, England), Michael Ashburner 
(European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, England), Jonathan 
Mason (Pfizer Global Research & Development), Peter Murray-Rust 
(University of Cambridge, England) and Allan Ferguson (Merck & Co.).

More information can be found at 
http://www.mmsconferencing.com/informatics.html and the complete 
program can be downloaded from 
http://www.mmsconferencing.com/pdf/New_Horizons_Brochure_final.pdf

For those interested and staying overnight I can also offer a guided 
tour through the historical pubs of Cambridge after the symposium.

Best wishes,
Andreas

-- 
ab454..at..cam.ac.uk - Andreas.Bender..at..Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Andreas Kieron Patrick Bender http://www.andreasbender.de