Subject: INDO calculation in Caussian

From: jz7|at|duke.edu
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:26:08 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,

I am trying to do single point calculation for a molecule (actually it
includes three small molecules and no bond between them, so the non-bonded
interaction keeps them close). It has no charge and all the electrons are
paired. So I set charge to 0 and multiplicity to 1. The wierd thing is
that when I use HF method, the calculation works, but i I change to INDO,
it complains about that "Specified charge and multiplicity are
impossible". And the following is my command line:

For HF:
#HF/3-21G iop(5/33=3)

For INDO
#INDO iop(5/33=3)

I don't understand why HF work, INDO doesn't. All the input structural
information is the same.

Thanks for the help!

Best,
Jeny