Subject: JChem 3.0 and Marvin 3.5 released

From: Alex Allardyce <aa~at~chemaxon.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:19:26 +0100

Appologies for multiple postings

JChem 3.0 and Marvin 3.5 have been released. The packages contain Java 
applications and software development tools for chemistry, which are 
portable (run under Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, etc.)

JChem modules: JChem Base (chemical database searching and database 
integration), JChem Cartridge for Oracle, Standardizer (structure 
canonization), Screen (virtual screening), Reactor (reaction modeling), 
Fragmenter (generating building blocks), JKlustor (clustering and 
diversity calculations).

Marvin Applets and JavaBeans support drawing/displaying chemical 
structures and handling molecule objects.

FREE USE:
- Marvin Applets are free for free web sites.
- MarvinSketch and MarvinView applications accessed from ChemAxon's web 
site http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html
- Locally installed MarvinSketch, MarvinView, and MolConverter
- All tools for teaching and academic research. Details and application: 
http://www.chemaxon.hu/forum/ftopic193.html

Some recent changes in JChem 3.0:
- New options, improved performance and stability for JChem Cartridge
- New JChemSearch options, superstructure search introduced, speed 
improvement
- JKlustor extended with Maximum Common Structures searching of a 
compound set.

Some recent changes in Marvin:
- New graphics objects: arc, arrows, curved electron flow arrows.
- Plugins: New free plugin: TopologyAnalyserPlugin calculates molecular 
properties (number of various ring types, rotatable bonds, etc.) from 
topology.

** ChemAxon will have a booth and scientific poster presentations at the 
upcoming InfoTech Pharma Meeting in London, March 15th and 16th at the 
Novotel, London West. This meeting is co-hosted with Drug Discovery 
Europe 2005. http://www.infotechpharma.com/ **

Useful links
Download: http://www.chemaxon.com/products.html
- ChemAxon demo site: http://www.chemaxon.com/demosite/

Implementations
- Marvin Applications through Java Web Start: 
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/jnlp/index.html
- Marvin applet demos: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/demos.html
- Marvin examples for developers:  
http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/dev#examples
- MarvinSpace, NEW open GL 3D rendered viewer (under development): 
http://www.chemaxon.hu/shared/MarvinSpace/index.html
- JChem : http://www.jchem.com/examples.html
- Reactor: http://www.jchem.com/examples/reactor/jsp/index.jsp

Regards

Alex Allardyce
Communications Director