Subject: ACS (Comp): Washington DC 2005. Call for Papers

From: "Smellie, Andrew" <ASmellie$at$arqule.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:01:40 -0500

230th ACS National Meeting,
Washington DC,August 28 - September 1, 2005 
COMP division

1st Call for papers

The Visualization and Interpretation of Computational Models
============================================================

There are many different approaches available for modeling
chemical data. Biological activities can be estimated using a
number of approaches such as numerical modeling, pharmacophore
construction or structural comparisons. The interaction of small
molecules to binding sites can be described using docking models,
shape comparisons or pharmacophores. Physico-chemical
properties can be estimated using a variety of techniques.

All these problems share one common and often unresolved
issue. Whatever the model is teaching us about the system in
question must be communicated to the clients of the model.
This symposium will focus on methods that have been developed to aid
in the interpretation of models of all types common in
Computational Chemistry. The symposium will not discuss new
modeling techniques, but will focus on methods that have been devised
to extract the maximum information from the models and communicate
that information to clients.

Papers are invited that cover issues on
*	Visualization of Modeling Data
*	Interpretation of Modeling Data
*	Communication of knowledge from the model to clients
      (e.g. chemists, biologists etc)

The organizers are Andrew Smellie, Anton Filikov and
Rocio Palma of Arqule Inc.

Please submit your abstracts to asmellie$at$arqule.com no
later than April 2nd 2005

Dr. Andrew Smellie
Senior Scientist
Arqule Inc.
19 Presidential Way, Woburn MA 01801
USA
asmellie$at$arqule.com
781-994-0559 (direct)
781-994-0679 (fax)