Subject: Re: CCL:set stack size with ulimit under OS X 10.3

From: Bruno Sopko <b_sopko |a| yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 07:18:09 -0800 (PST)

I am no expert in OS X, but I suppose that you will need to modify (or create) file named 
for instance autodock.sh in your /etc/init.d directory (or from where the startup - shutdown files are read, that is the part of OS X, I do not remeber). This should solve your problem. The other possibility is to recompile the autodock with -stack, 86089 switch.
 
Hope this will help
 
Brun Sopko

Kenneth Overly <koverly |a| providence.edu> wrote:
I'm trying to run AutoDock on a dual 2 GHz G5 running OS X 10.3.
Fortunately, the folks at Scripps have provided precompiled binaries of
AutoDock and AutoGrid for OS X. My problem is setting the stack size to
unlimited under OS X. Like Linux, OS X uses a bashrc file for systemwide
bash configuration. I can edit the file to add "ulimit -s unlimited" as
superuser (using sudo) but OS X won't allow my default account (which has
administrator privileges) to modify the stack size. I'm pretty sure this has
something to do with the peculiarities of OS X but I'm not sure how to fix
it. Can anyone shed some light?
-- 
Kenneth R. Overly, Ph.D., Assoc. Prof. of Chemistry
Providence College
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Providence, RI 02918

-= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your Subject: line
and send your message to: CHEMISTRY |a| ccl.net

Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to: CHEMISTRY-REQUEST |a| ccl.net 
HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs 

If your mail is bouncing from CCL.NET domain send it to the maintainer:
Jan Labanowski, jlabanow |a| nd.edu (read about it on CCL Home Page)
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
 Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'