Subject: Call for Papers - Large Scale Molecular Dynamics, Nanoscale, and Mesoscale Modeling and Simulation: Bridging the Gap

From: Jan K Labanowski <jlabanow _(a)_ nd.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:48:48 -0500

----- Forwarded message from rbross _(a)_ mmm.com -----
 Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:15:21 -0600
 From: rbross _(a)_ mmm.com
 Reply-To: rbross _(a)_ mmm.com
 Subject: Call for Papers - Large Scale Molecular Dynamics, Nanoscale,
          and Mesoscale Modeling and Simulation: Bridging the Gap
 To: jlabanow _(a)_ nd.edu

                              CALL FOR PAPERS

   Large Scale Molecular Dynamics, Nanoscale, and Mesoscale Modeling and
                       Simulation: Bridging the Gap

     230th National American Chemical Society Meeting, Washington, DC
                        August 28-September 1, 2005

             Sponsored by the Computers in Chemistry Division
              Co-sponsored by the Physical Chemistry Division

With increasing accuracy and applicability of molecular modeling tools, the
challenge is beginning to shift to addressing how molecular modeling can
help engineer materials and processes at the macro-scale. The properties at
the macro-scale not only depend on the molecular arrangement, but often on
how the nanoscale arrangements of these molecules themselves cluster. Thus,
molecular design of macroscale properties requires increased understanding
of molecular scale, nano-scale, meso-scale and macro-scale phenomena.

This symposium will focus on applications and methodology development in
integrating the nano, meso and larger length scale regions. Applied
large-scale atomistic molecular dynamics simulations, mesoscale
simulations, and additional course grain methodology studies with focus on
structure-property behavior as well as kinetic processes are requested.
Applications in nanotechnology, biology, inorganic materials, catalysis,
polymers, pharmaceuticals and additional life and materials science areas
are encouraged. Contributions are solicited from academic, industrial, and
the governmental research sectors.

A poster session is planned in addition to oral presentations. A panel
discussion of modeling and simulation in this area is also planned. In
addition, the organizers plan to publish a proceedings pending interest
> from contributing authors.  A social event for contributing authors during
the ACS meeting is also planned.

Please submit abstracts to either Sanat Mohanty or Rick Ross (email below)
at your earliest convenience to aid in session planning.  Please also
directly submit abstracts to the American Chemical Society via the official
on-line abstract submissions system when it becomes available on Feb. 28 to
officially have your presentation entered for the meeting.*   Final
deadline for electronic submission of abstracts is April 25th.  For
additional information on the symposium, please contact Sanat Mohanty or
Rick Ross.

Symposium Organizing Committee:

Sanat Mohanty and Rick Ross
201-2E-23, Corporate Research Materials Laboratory
3M Company, St. Paul, MN 55144
smohanty _(a)_ mmm.com; rbross _(a)_ mmm.com

* see http://oasys.acs.org/ for abstract submission access and guidelines.