Subject: CCP1 Study Weekend 2005

From: "Sherwood, P \(Paul\)" <p.sherwood !v! dl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:29:34 -0000

Dear Colleague,

Please see the attached announcement for the CCP1 Study
Weekend.

**** Please note **** that if you would like to take advantage
of the hotel rooms we have reserved for this event we need you
to register before Wednesday 23/2/2005, as we will have to
release any remaining room at that point.

best regards, 

Paul

 =====================================================================

                      CCP1 Study Weekend 2005

               "Chemical Reactivity of Large Systems"

                       5th-6th March, 2005

                                at 

                      CCLRC Daresbury Lab.
                     Warrington WA4 4AD, UK.

   This workshop, organized under the auspices of EPSRC Collaborative
   Computational Project 1 (CCP1, www.ccp1.ac.uk), aims to bring
   together researchers in computational molecular electronic structure
   and dynamics, and will be focused on two closely related themes:

  *   How chemical reactivity studies can be performed on systems with
      a large number of degrees of freedom, including the computation
      of reaction rates, and

  *   how quantum chemical approaches can be applied to such complex
      systems, including QM/MM, linear scaling methods and high
      performance computing.

   The provisional programe includes 

   Dr Koji Ando (Birmingham)        Prof Chris Reynolds (Essex)	           
   Dr Marcus Elstner (Heidelberg)  	Prof Dr Notker Rvsch (Munich)	    
   Prof Martyn Guest (Daresbury)    Prof Dr Martin Sch|tz (Regensburg) 	    
   Prof Ian Hillier (Manchester) 	Prof Jose Soler (Madrid)	    
   Prof Jonathan Hirst (Nottingham)	Prof Ian Williams (Bath)	    
   Dr Tanja van Mourik (UCL)		Dr Joost VandeVondele (Cambridge)  
   Dr Adrian Mulholland (Bristol)  

   Please see http://www.ccp1.ac.uk/StudyWeekend2005 for the full
   programme and on-line registration.

   Please contact Paul Sherwood (p.sherwood !v! dl.ac.uk) or
   Peter Knowles (KnowlesPJ !v! cardiff.ac.uk) for more information.

--
===================================================================
Dr Paul Sherwood,           email:  p.sherwood !v! daresbury.ac.uk
CCLRC Daresbury Lab,        tel:    +44-1925-603553
Warrington,                 fax:    +44-1925-603634
WA4 4AD,  UK.               http:   http://www.cse.clrc.ac.uk
===================================================================