Subject: "Hands-On" Workshop on Computational Biophysics - Chicago

From: David Brandon <brandon %a% ks.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:03:02 -0600

"Hands-On" Workshop on Computational Biophysics

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Chicago/

Application Deadline: April 14, 2005

The Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, an NIH Resource for 
Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics (www.ks.uiuc.edu 
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu>) at the University of Illinois at 
Urbana-Champaign (www.uiuc.edu <http://www.uiuc.edu>), will organize a

"'Hands-On' Workshop on Computational Biophysics"

to be held June 9 to June 13, 2005 at The Club Quarters Hotel   Central 
Loop, Chicago, Illinois. The workshop will explore a wide range of 
physical models and computational approaches for the simulation of 
biological systems.

The workshop will be based on case studies including the properties of 
membranes and membrane proteins, mechanism of molecular motors, 
trafficking in the living cell through water and ion channels, and 
signaling pathways. Physical concepts, mathematical techniques, and 
computational methods required will be introduced, including force 
fields and algorithms used in molecular modeling, molecular dynamics 
simulations on parallel computers, steered molecular dynamics 
simulations, and combined quantum mechanical - molecular mechanical 
calculations

The workshop is designed for graduate students and postdoctoral 
researchers in computational and/or biophysical fields who seek to 
extend their research skills to include computational and theoretical 
expertise, as well as other researchers interested in theoretical and 
computational biophysics. Theory sessions in the morning will be 
followed by hands-on computer labs in the afternoon in which 
participants will be able to set up and run simulations.

Applications to the workshop are due by April 14, 2005. Selection and 
notification of participants from the application pool will be completed 
by April 21. Those selected to attend must register and pay a workshop 
fee by April 29, 2005. The base registration fFrom [email-masked] Tue Feb 15 16:23:49 2005
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:03:19 -0600
From: David Brandon <brandon %a% ks.uiuc.edu>
Reply-To: brandon %a% ks.uiuc.edu
To: chemistry %a% ccl.net
Subject: "Hands-On" Workshop on Computational Biophysics - Granlibakken Conference
 Center, Tahoe City, CA

"Hands-On" Workshop on Computational Biophysics

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Granlibakken/

  Application Deadline:  April 14, 2005

The Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, an NIH Resource for 
Macromolecular Modeling and Bioinformatics (www.ks.uiuc.edu 
<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu>) at the University of Illinois at 
Urbana-Champaign (www.uiuc.edu <http://www.uiuc.edu>), will organize a

"'Hands-On' Workshop on Computational Biophysics"

to be held May 23 to May 27 at the Granlibakken Conference Center, Tahoe 
City, California.  The workshop will explore a wide range of physical 
models and computational approaches for the simulation of biological 
systems.

The workshop will be based on case studies including the properties of 
membranes and membrane proteins, mechanism of molecular motors, 
trafficking in the living cell through water and ion channels, and 
signaling pathways. Physical concepts, mathematical techniques, and 
computational methods required will be introduced, including force 
fields and algorithms used in molecular modeling, molecular dynamics 
simulations on parallel computers, steered molecular dynamics 
simulations, and combined quantum mechanical - molecular mechanical 
calculations

The workshop is designed for graduate students and postdoctoral 
researchers in computational and/or biophysical fields who seek to 
extend their research skills to include computational and theoretical 
expertise, as well as other researchers interested in theoretical and 
computational biophysics. Theory sessions in the morning will be 
followed by hands-on computer labs in the afternoon in which 
participants will be able to set up and run simulations.

Applications to the workshop are due by April 14, 2005. Selection and 
notification of participants from the application pool will be completed 
by April 21, 2005. Those selected to attend must register and pay a 
workshopee is $150 for students, 
$210 for non-student academics, and $285 for all other applicants. 
Housing and course materials are included in the fee.

Due to space and equipment constraints, the workshop is limited to 20 
participants. For further information, and online application, go to 
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Chicago/ . Additional workshops 
are planned for May 23-27, 2005 in Tahoe City, California 
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Granlibakken/) and June 26-30, 
2005 in San Francisco, California 
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/SanFrancisco/). We look 
forward to receiving your application. Please note that we cannot help 
with travel expenses or arrangements.

Workshop Organizers
E-mail: workshop+chicago %a% ks.uiuc.edu

 fee by April 29, 2005.  The registration fee is $150 for 
students, $210 for non-student academics, and $285 for all other 
applicants. Housing and course materials are included in the fee.

Due to space and equipment constraints, the workshop is limited to 20 
participants. For further information, and online application, go to 
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Granlibakken/ . Additional 
workshops are planned for June 9-13, 2005 in Chicago, Illinois 
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/Chicago/) and June 26-30, 2005 
in San Francisco, California 
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Workshop/SanFrancisco/). We look 
forward to receiving your application. Please note that we cannot help 
with travel expenses or arrangements.

Workshop Organizers
E-mail: workshop+granlibakken %a% ks.uiuc.edu