Subject: g03 on an IA32 platform running RH Enterprise

From: Bryan Putnam <bfp = purdue.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:31:57 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)

Dear all,

I realize that Gaussian, Inc. officially supports only SuSE or Red Hat 
Linux on IA32 platforms. However, has anyone had any success in building 
an IA32 (i386, 32-bit) version of g03-C.02 (or any earlier version of g03) 
on a 32-bit system running Red Hat Enterprise? I was however able to get 
an IA64 (AMD64) version to work correctly on an Opteron64 running RHE.

I was able to get an IA32 version of g03-C.02 to build and run correctly 
on a Debian system, but on a RH Enterprise system, we get the error 
message:

Erroneous write during file extend. write -1 instead of 4096
Probably out of disk space.
Write error in NtrExt1

I've tried lots of ideas, using pgi-5.1-4, pgi-5.1-6, pgi-5.2-4, tried
linking statically, turned off optimization, etc., but no success

Any ideas appreciated!
Thanks,
Bryan

Bryan F. Putnam
Rosen Center for Advanced Computing
Information Technology at Purdue (ITaP)
Young Hall 519
Ph 765-496-8225 Fax 765-494-0566
bfp = purdue.edu