Subject: A strange problem compiling G98 in SGI IRIX64.

From: Brian Salter-Duke <b_duke %a% octa4.net.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:21:29 +0930

I have little experience with SGI machines but had to install G98 on
one. It worked fine, but I wanted to test a new module I had written and
this did not. I played around with the makefile with no success and then
moved back to getting a new clean compile with the original. This time
it compiled with no errors but it did not run. "g98 < a.com > a.log"
returned immediately with an empty a.log and no other messages. testrt
did exactly the same. g98 seems very small compared with the linux g98
executable. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Let me make one thing clear. I really did go back to the original. In
fact I not only cleaned up the directory, I later made a new g98
directory off the original g98 CD. It still gave the same result.

Between the first successfull compile and the current failures, several
chnages have been made to the machine. My shell has been changed from
csh to tcsh. My directories are now mounted by NFS on a RAID disk that
is primarily on a linux machine. I have looked into both these and can
not see that they could have caused the problem, but of course I could
be wrong.

Regards, Brian.
-- 
            Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) b_duke %a% octa4.net.au  
         Post: 626 Melbourne Rd, Spotswood, VIC, 3015, Australia
      Phone 03-93992847. http://members.iinet.net.au/~linden1/brian/