Subject: Announcement: Emerging Technologies in Computational Chemistry Competition - ACS Washington, D.C.

From: "Curt M. Breneman" <brenec * rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:38:35 -0500

Dear Computational Chemists and members of the Cheminformatics
community,

This message is to remind everyone that the fifth annual Emerging
Technologies in Computational Chemistry Symposium will take place at the
Washington, D.C.  ACS National Meeting this Fall.  This COMP Division
symposium is sponsored by Schrodinger, Inc who generously provides a
$1,000 prize for the best of six
presentations given during the afternoon session as determined by a
panel of experts.

 The objective of the symposium is to stimulate, reward, and publicize
methodological advances in computational chemistry.

The talks will be evaluated by a Panel of Experts based on the impact
 the research will have on the future of computational chemistry and
allied sciences. The symposium will be ideal for presenting your latest
and best research on new techniques and software development.

Schrodinger, Inc. will again sponsor a $1000 prize for the best talk at
the symposium.

All are invited to participate. To participate, it is necessary to
submit a regular short ACS abstract via http://oasys.acs.org/. It is
also necessary to email a long (1000-word, text-only) abstract to the
organizer (Curt M. Breneman) by April 11, 2005. The talks must be
original and not be repeats of talks at other ACS symposia. The long
abstracts will be evaluated, and those individuals selected for an oral
presentation at the symposium will be notified by the end of April.
Applications for the Emerging Technologies Symposium that cannot be
accepted will be rescheduled in one of the other COMP sessions at the
meeting.

Inquiries should sent to:

Prof. Curt M. Breneman
Department of Chemistry
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180
E-mail: brenec * rpi.edu

 ======================================

See you in the Nation's Capital!

Curt Breneman
COMP Treasurer
RPI Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology