Subject: ECCC10 Begins April 1

From: Robert Topper <rtopper<<at>>monmouth.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:11:20 -0500

***ECCC10 Announcement***

Dear colleagues,

I am very pleased to invite your participation in the 10th Electronic
Computational Chemistry Conference. ECCC10 will be held April 1-30 2005,
entirely on the Internet, at http://eccc.monmouth.edu. As with the
previous nine ECCCs, ECCC10 has NO registration fee and is a completely
virtual, online conference.

We are pleased to announce that Dr. Donald G. Truhlar (University of
Minnesota) has agreed to present the keynote address to ECCC10.  This 
year, following peer review of the abstracts we plan to publish a
virtual online booklet of the accepted abstracts online sometime after
the conference ends. In addition, presenting authors can elect to submit
their work for additional peer review and publication in a special
ECCC10 Proceedings issue of Theoretical Chemistry Accounts.

We are pleased to announce that for the first time, ECCC10 will feature 
an award program. Three well-known software companies, Parallel Quantum 
Solutions (http://www.pqs-chem.com), 
Schrodinger(http://www.schrodinger.com) and SimBioSys 
(http://www.simbiosys.ca/) have generously provided prizes to the ECCC10 
Award winners. PQS plans to provide their PQS quantum chemistry software 
and a perpetual license on the same hardware. Schrodinger plans to 
provide a one-year license for a selection of three computing modules 
plus the Maestro GUI. SimBioSys plans to offer a copy of both eHiTS and 
SPROUT (please note that some contributors may possibly not be eligible 
for software prizes if there are governmental restrictions beyond our 
control).

We are extremely grateful to PQS, Schrodinger and SimBioSys for their 
generous sponsorship of the ECCC and their support to the international 
computational chemistry community.

The members of the ECCC10 Scientific Organizing Committee are:

Robert Topper, Monmouth University (Chair)
Frederick R. Bennett, CSIRO Minerals
David Chatfield, Florida International University
Olga Dmitrenko, University of Delaware
Guangyu Sun , NCI-Frederick, NIH
Mark Tuckerman, New York University
Amir Weitz, RAFAEL

All presentations must be made in HTML format and ideally will take full
advantage of the interactive nature of the World-Wide Web (using
animations, hyperactive molecules, etc.) to present their findings and
conclusions. Authors may choose to either serve their contributions from
their own local web site, or may request us to serve them from our own
server. Uploaded contributions will be removed from our
server at the end of ECCC10.

As in ECCC8 and ECCC9, a single weeklong "interactive" session will be
part of the conference. This session will be held via asynchronous 
posting of questions to the conference site, which authors can choose to 
receive either at the site, at their personal email account, or both. 
All authors must commit to having at least one coauthor available to 
answer questions (i.e. by checking the discussion board at least once 
daily) during the "interactive" session to provide timely responses 
(within approximately 24 hours) to any questions that conferees may have 
about their online presentation.

We greatly look forward to your participation in ECCC10, and ask you to
please encourage your colleagues and students to participate in what
should be an excellent meeting.

-- 
Robert Q. Topper
Chair and Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry, Medical Technology and Physics
Monmouth University
400 Cedar Avenue
West Long Branch, NJ 07764-1898
(732)571-4418 (voice);(732)263-5213 (fax)

rtopper<<at>>monmouth.edu

Check out ECCC10 in April 2005!
Registration is free!

http://eccc.monmouth.edu