Subject: Nano-Hive Nanospace Simulator 1.1.0 Released (fwd from helfrich*&*nano-hive.org)

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen*&*leitl.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:33:59 +0200

----- Forwarded message from Brian Helfrich <helfrich*&*nano-hive.org> -----

From: Brian Helfrich <helfrich*&*nano-hive.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:49:13 -0500
To: helfrich*&*nano-hive.org
Subject: Nano-Hive Nanospace Simulator 1.1.0 Released
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5)
 Gecko/20041217

Hello!
We're happy to announce that Nano-Hive version 1.1.0 for win32-x86 is 
now available for download. *nix distros will be made available in the 
coming weeks.

This release adds support for running multiple, multi-threaded 
simulations simultaneously, each able to access multiple Physical 
Interaction plugins.

We've also added new plugins!

   * MPQC_SClib - This plugin encapsulates the functionality of the
     Scientific Computing Toolkit (SC) used by the Massively Parallel
     Quantum Chemistry Program (MPQC).
   * OpenBabelImportExport - This Data Import/Export plugin adds the
     ability to read and write many new file types by encapsulating the
     OpenBabel library.
   * SocketsControl - Control Nano-Hive via a TCP socket with this
     Simulation Control plugin.
   * BondCalculator - This Physical Interaction plugin discovers
     molecules in the simulation space and specifies bonds to describe
     them.
   * BasicCellTraverser - This Entity Traversal plugin divides the
     simulation space up into sub-cells for multi-threaded calculation.

Also included in this release is an alpha version of the HiveKeeper 
Graphical User Interface for Nano-Hive 
(http://www.nano-hive.org/hivekeeper/). The capabilities of the alpha 
version includes visualization of the molecular structures even while 
the simulation is running.

Visit http://www.nano-hive.org/ to learn more. Nano-Hive's open source 
development and distributions are hosted at 
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nano-hive/

Thank-you,
--Brian.

Brian Helfrich
Nano-Hive Team
helfrich*&*nano-hive.org
www.nano-hive.org

PS. If you wish to be removed from this list, just reply with the word 
'unsubscribe' as the body.

----- End forwarded message -----