Subject: ChemAxon User Group Meeting (May 19-20, Budapest) - Program posted and poster submission deadline extended

From: Alex Allardyce <aa (a) chemaxon.hu>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 18:45:44 +0200

Appologies for multiple postings

ChemAxon anounces "Program posting" for it's first User Group Meeting 
taking place on May 19-20 at the Danubius Gellert Hotel 
<http://www.danubiushotels.com/hotels/hotel.php?id=13&lang=en>, 
Budapest, Hungary.

The meeting will present the latest implementations and research 
experience of our users as well as focused technical and scientific 
presentations on each of the ChemAxon toolkits by ChemAxon staff. There 
will be a development rountable session, a poster session for new 
posters and older posters which remain relevant and a hacker room for 
informal discussion and problem solving. For further information please 
visit the UGM home page <http://www.chemaxon.com/UGM/05/index.html>, to 
see the program please visit this link 
<http://www.chemaxon.com/UGM/05/program.html> or see below.

We have a full social program for attendees to enjoy with an informal 
garden party at ChemAxon's offices on the evening of the 18th and a 
winetasting and banquet within Buda Castle for the evening of the 19th. 
There will also be early morning visits to the thermal spa facilities 
situated at the hotel.

We have extended the poster submission deadline until May 15th. Any 
attendees wishing to submit original or previously presented posters at 
the event should submit abstracts before May 15th. For registration and 
poster submission form please see this link 
<http://www.chemaxon.hu/forum/ftopic272.html>

If you would like to register for the event please complete the 
registration form <http://www.chemaxon.hu/forum/ftopic272.html>. 
Attendees intending to stay at the meeting hotel are urged to reserve 
accommodation <http://www.chemaxon.hu/forum/ftopic261.html> before April 
25th - when the block booking will lapse.

I look forward to seeing you in May

Alex Allardyce

Meeting home page: http://www.chemaxon.com/UGM/05/index.html
Event program: http://www.chemaxon.com/UGM/05/program.html
To register or submit a poster abstract: 
http://www.chemaxon.hu/forum/ftopic272.html
Poster submission guidelines: http://www.chemaxon.hu/forum/ftopic295.html
Accomodation booking: http://www.chemaxon.hu/forum/ftopic261.html

If you do not wish to recieve any further notifications related to 
ChemAxon's User Group Meeting. Please reply to this mail with the 
subject line "Remove"

-- 
Alex Allardyce
Communications Director

Chemaxon Ltd
Maramaros kvz 3/a
Budapest, 1037 Hungary
Tel.: +361 4532658
Fax.: +361 4532659

e-mail: aa (a) chemaxon.com

*UGM Program in full:*

_Thursday, May 19th - morning_

9:00 Welcome

9:15 Virtual Classrooms and E-Learning: Bringing Cheminformatics 
Training Into Academic and Industrial Settings. TJ O'Donnell, O'Donnell 
Associates

9:45 What is Marvin and how to..? Szilard Dorant,Tamas Vertse, ChemAxon

10:30 BREAK

11:00 Developing a Compact Chemical Database System Using Marvin Tools. 
C. Deniz Akyuz, Merck Research Laboratories

11:30 Structural search using ChemAxon tools. Szabolcs Csepregi, ChemAxon

12:00 ChemAxon's Java Components in a Heterogeneous, Server-Centric 
Application Environment. Mark Runyan, CTI Scientific Systems

12:30 LUNCH and poster session

Afternoon

13:30 A Reagent Management System for Requests & Purchasing using JChem. 
Robert D. Feinstein, Kelaroo, Inc.

14:00 JChem Base - structure database engine. Szilard Dorant, ChemAxon

14:40 BREAK

15:10 LeadMarker. - an integrated suite for managing chemical and 
biological information. Tim Dudgeon, Informatics Matters Ltd

15:40 Compound storage and retrieval with JChem Cartridge for Oracle. 
Peter Kovacs, ChemAxon

16:10 Closing comments

_Friday May 20th - morning _

9:30 Using ChemAxon Toolkits in the GNF Lead Discovery Database. Yingyao 
Zhou, Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation

10:00 Predicting structure properties with Calculator Plugins. Nora 
Mate, Jozsef Szegezdi, ChemAxon

10:30 Electronic Notebooks - How ChemAxon tools enable the Chemically 
Intelligent Electronic Notebook. Paul
Denny-Gouldson (CEO) / Kevin Gill (tbc), Deffinity Solutions Ltd .

11:00 BREAK

11:30 Workflow Cheminformatics. Kanishka Karunanayake, Inforsense

12:00 Automatic generation of 3D structures and conformers of molecules 
in Marvin - Clean/3D (latest developments). Odon Farkas, ChemAxon

12:15 MarvinSpace - pre-product demonstration. Miklos Vargyas, Judit 
Papp, ChemAxon

12:30 LUNCH and Discussion Roundtable

Afternoon

14:00 Seurat: A Tool for navigating SAR. James Baxendale, Celera Genomics

14:30 Artificial synthesis. Gyorgy Pirok, ChemAxon

15:00 Improved Virtual Screening Strategies and Enrichment of Focused 
Libraries in Active Compounds Using Target-Oriented Databases. Ismail 
Ijjaali, Aureus-Pharma

15:30 BREAK

16:00 VS Explorer - analysing large scale docking experiments. Marc 
Zimmermann, Fraunhofer-Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing 
(SCAI)

16:30 Focused set profiling. Miklos Vargyas, ChemAxon

17:00 closing comments - end of meeting