Subject: CCL:G03

From: "David Danovich" <david.danovich|at|huji.ac.il>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 21:31:04 +0300

Hello,

I would like to know if somebody has successfully used G03 on opteron 
under RH enterprise linux WS 4.
I have opteron 250 with two sata disk and 8 GB  400 MHz memory. Jaguar 
5.5 and Turbomole 5.71 work fine on this system
but with G03 I have problems.  When I tried to use 32 bit PC version of 
G03 which I have compiled on Intel PC with  RHEL WS 4 and
Intel fortran compiler 8.1 it just stopped the computer completely and I 
had to reboot it ( it  is not kernel panic it just completely stopped 
it).
I have downloaded Portland group compiler and tried to compile Gaussian 
with it but it again stopped the computer even during compilation 
process.
I think that it is a hardware problem, probably with memory but I would 
like to know if somebody has used G03 with RHEL WS 4. On the other
hand if it is hardware problem why does it work with jaguar and 
turbomole?

Thank you  David

________________________________________________________________
Dr. David Danovich, Department of Organic Chemistry, The Hebrew 
University,
Edmond J. Safra Campus - Givat Ram, 91904 Jerusalem, Israel
http://yfaat.ch.huji.ac.il/david.html, David.Danovich|at|huji.ac.il
FAX:(+972)-2-6586934, Phone:(+972)-2-6586934(w), 
(+972)-54-4768669(mobile)