Subject: Philosophy of Chemistry makes it into Boston Studies series

From: Eric Scerri <scerri{at}chem.ucla.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:55:26 -0700

Philosophy of Chemistry : Synthesis of a New Discipline (Boston 
Studies in the Philosophy of Science)
by Davis Baird (Editor), Eric Scerri (Editor), Lee McIntyre (Editor)

Edition: Hardcover

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editorial Reviews
Product Description:

This comprehensive volume marks a new standard in scholarship in the 
still emerging field of the philosophy of chemistry. With selections 
drawn from a wide range of scholarly disciplines, philosophers, 
chemists, and historians of science here converge to ask some of the 
most fundamental questions about the relationship between philosophy 
and chemistry. What can chemistry teach us about longstanding 
disputes in the philosophy of science over such issues as 
reductionism, autonomy, and supervenience? And what new issues may 
chemistry bring to the forefront now that it has joined physics and 
biology as a serious topic for philosophical reflection? This newest 
addition to the prestigious Boston Studies in the Philosophy of 
Science series marks the true arrival of philosophy of chemistry 
within the corpus of the philosophy of science.