Subject: Extended Deadline for CCG Excellence Award Competition

From: Curt Breneman <brenec)at(rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:24:38 -0400

Dear CCLers and friends,

Ino order to remedy a glitch on this end, we have arranged an extention 
of the OASys submission deadline for CCG Excellence Award materials 
until Friday, April 15th.    As part of the new system, all CCG 
applicants must submit their materials to the COMP Symposium entitled " 
*** CCG Excellence Award Graduate Student Research Competition".  If you 
would like to present your material in an appropriate oral symposium, 
please note that when the application package is submitted to me at 
brenec)at(rpi.edu.  This needs to be done in addition to the OAsys 
submission process.

Here is the text of the original announcement --

Dear Computational Chemistry and Cheminformatics community,

The ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry and the Chemical Computing
Group (CCG) are pleased to invite applications for the tenth  CCG
Excellence Award competition. Each award provides up to $1,150 in travel
funds, a one year MOE license for the research group,  as well as
multiple professional networking opportunities for graduate students
presenting in a COMP (or COMP co-organized) symposium or poster session
at the 230th National ACS Meeting in
Washington, D.C on August 28th - Sept 1, 2005.  In order to be
considered for a CCG
Excellence Award, you must submit your talk or poster abstract in the
"CCG "category on the ACS OASys website,
and then send all of the following items (electronic format is
preferred) to
me on or before April 11, 2005: (Now April 15th, 2005)

1) An extended (2-page) abstract of your oral or poster presentation.
2) A personal statement about your graduate and post-graduate career
goals.
3) A letter of support from your dissertation advisor (this may be sent
separately by the advisor).

Winners will be announced shortly after the COMP OASys deadline date.

See you in Washington, D.C.!

Curt Breneman
COMP Treasurer
Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
RPI
110 8th St.

Troy, NY 12180
brenec)at(rpi.edu