Subject: Compiling g03 rev c02 on Opteron with pgf 5.2-4

From: Christian Boehme <Christian.Boehme = gwdg.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:51:44 +0200

Hello!

I have tried to compile Gaussian03 on our Opteron machines running under 
SuSE SLES 9 using pgf version 5.2-4. While PGI 5.2-x is the supported 
compiler suite according to gaussian.com webpages the build scripts of 
our g03 version still contain 5.1 pathnames. I fixed this and Gaussian 
seemed to compile without errors. However, the resulting binaries 
segfault after just a few lines of output:

  Entering Gaussian System, Link 0=g03
  Initial command:
  /usr/product/gaussian64/g03/l1.exe 
/home/gwdg/GWDG/cboehme1/test/g03tests/Gau-28741.inp -scrdir=/ho
me/gwdg/GWDG/cboehme1/test/g03tests/

I looked at the strace and seemingly l1.exe segfaults for no obvious 
reasons. What can I do? Best wishes

Christian Boehme

-- 
Dr. Christian Boehme
GWDG                            Private:
Am Fassberg                     Wilhelm-Raabe-Str. 15
37077 Gvttingen                 37083 Gvttingen
email: Christian.Boehme = gwdg.de ChristianBoehme = web.de
phone: +49 (0)551 201-1839      +49 (0)551 3077000
fax:   +49 (0)551 201-2150      +49 (0)551 3077077