Subject: More on Compiling g03 on Opteron with pgf 5.2-4

From: Christian Boehme <Christian.Boehme <> gwdg.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:07:30 +0200

Hello!

I recently posted this to the list:

---
I have tried to compile Gaussian03 on our Opteron machines running under
SuSE SLES 9 using pgf version 5.2-4. While PGI 5.2-x is the supported
compiler suite according to gaussian.com webpages the build scripts of
our g03 version still contain 5.1 pathnames. I fixed this and Gaussian
seemed to compile without errors. However, the resulting binaries
segfault after just a few lines of output:

   Entering Gaussian System, Link 0=g03
   Initial command:
   /usr/product/gaussian64/g03/l1.exe
/home/gwdg/GWDG/cboehme1/test/g03tests/Gau-28741.inp -scrdir=/ho
me/gwdg/GWDG/cboehme1/test/g03tests/

I looked at the strace and seemingly l1.exe segfaults for no obvious
reasons.
---

Following an advise from Gaussian support I checked the same executable 
on a machine running under SuSE 9.3 Pro. There it runs without problems. 
Therefore it must be some library or kernel incompatibility. Any hints? 
Best wishes

Christian Boehme

-- 
Dr. Christian Boehme
GWDG                            Private:
Am Fassberg                     Wilhelm-Raabe-Str. 15
37077 Gvttingen                 37083 Gvttingen
email: Christian.Boehme <> gwdg.de ChristianBoehme <> web.de
phone: +49 (0)551 201-1839      +49 (0)551 3077000
fax:   +49 (0)551 201-2150      +49 (0)551 3077077