Subject: The PDBbind database version 2003 is being released

From: "Renxiao Wang" <renxiao = = = med.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:01:54 -0400

Dear researchers,

We would like to announce the release of an update to the PDBbind
database, i.e. version 2003. The PDBbind database, publicly accessible
at http://www.pdbbind.org/, is constructed to provide a collection of
binding affinity data for the protein-ligand complexes in the Protein
Data Bank (PDB). This updated version has binding affinity data (Kd, Ki,
& IC50) for over 1,700 protein-ligand complexes released by PDB before
01/01/2004. Its "refined set", which is compiled particularly for
docking/scoring studies, has a total of 900 protein-ligand complexes.

The PDBbind database is developed in Dr. Shaomeng Wang's group at the
University of Michigan. All of the current enrolled users may still
access this database through their existing accounts. Other researchers
who are interested in this database are welcome to explore it through a
demo account on our web site.

This version has not been released until now mainly due to the delay in
paper preparation/reviewing. Our plan is to update this database annualy
to keep up with the growth of PDB, and we are working very hard on
version 2004 right now. We expect to release version 2004 later this
year.

Best regards,

Renxiao

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Renxiao Wang, Ph.D.
Research Investigator
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology Division
University of Michigan Medical School
Ann Arbor, MI 48109, U.S.A.
Tel: (734) 764-2449; Fax: (734) 764-2532
E-mail: renxiao = = = med.umich.edu
Web: http://sw8.im.med.umich.edu/~arthur/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**********************************************************
Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues.