Subject: Gaussian / Debian Error

From: Jaremy Creechley <creechley.-at-.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 23:29:55 -0600

Hello,
   Has anyone had any problems recently with Gaussian 2003 running on
Debian (Sarge)? We had g03 compiled and running fine for many months,
but when I tried to run it recently it returns this error:

g03: relocation error: /work/pgi/linux86/5.2/lib/libpthread.so.0:
symbol _errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with
link time reference

We have tried to reinstall Debian and recompiling g03 several times.
PGroup said that its an error with some RHEL users, but a libc6-compat
library fixed it, but otherwise they don't know about it. Debian ran
well, I don't know if the new sarge->stable transition changed
anything. Would anyone suggest PGI 6.0 as necessary?

Thanks,

~ Jaremy Creechley
Student of Physics, University of Wyoming
creechley.-at-.gmail.com
208.484.7555