Subject: Re: CCL:W:gaussian 03 Linda error

From: Mark Hahn <hahn$at$physics.mcmaster.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:19:59 -0400 (EDT)

> But when we try to run g03l, it always give error like:
> /linda-exe/l302.exel: error while loading shared libraries: util.so: cannot
> open shared object file: No such file or directory
> 
> But acutally util.so is in the right directory, also l302.exel link the
> same file:
> /home/guser>ldd /auto/g03/linda-exe/l302.exel
> 	util.so => /auto/g03/util.so (0x40016000)

right, but I'm guessing you have /auto/g03 in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, 
but when Linda spawns a remote process, it probably uses rsh which
then doesn't get your LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.  I believe it's wiser 
to simply inclulde the g03 directories in /etc/ld.so.conf rather than
messing around with LD_LIBRARRY_PATH.

incidentally, I'd GREATLY appreciate any comments you or others have 
on success using Linda.

regards, mark hahn.
SHARCnet/McMaster