Subject: FlexX Release 2 issued - faster, more stable, more accurate

From: Carsten Detering <detering^at^biosolveit.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:53:41 +0200

BioSolveIT recently issued Release 2 of its popular docking software
FlexX. This major new version comprises added functionality, stability 
and better performance.

Some of FlexX Release 2's new features:

* For ligand import, Release 2 now supports all major file formats (PDB,
Mol2, SMILES, SDF, SLN, cSLN)
* The new FlexX is about 30% faster than its predecessor
* Completely re-worked static data files for improved chemistry
* SMARTS(TM)-based ligand initialization especially simplifies using
large ligand libraries
* FROMPDB helps extract ligands from a protein pdb-file
* different levels of ligand initialization can be selected directly
> from the command line with the new command SELINIT
* With SELSCO you can now access scoring parameters easily. No more
editing of static data files, tuning of a scoring function now becomes
an easy (and scriptable) task.
* A new module PERMUTE (http://www.biosolveit.de/Permute) protonates
molecules and generates tautomers
* FlexX now also runs on Windows(TM) platforms

If you want to know more about the new FlexX, go to

http://www.biosolveit.de/flexx

If you have questions, comments, suggestions, or any kind of problems
related to FlexX, write an email to

support^at^biosolveit.de

We hope you enjoy working with Release 2!

Best regards,
-the developers of FlexX