Subject: advice on semiempirics

From: Eduard Matito <eduard #%# stark.udg.es>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:19:50 +0200

Hi CCLers!

I pretend to perform a calculation of huge polybenzenoid hidrocarbons but I
have no experience on semiempirical calculations. At first, I have tried am1
but I haven't succeeded converging the structures. Is there any other 
semiempirical
method suitable for such systems?
Thanks in advance,
Eduard

-- 

-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-
"La felicidad no consiste en hacer lo que nos gusta; 
sino en hacer que nos guste lo que tenemos que hacer."
					(Proverbio Chino)
-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-
"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever is left, 
 no matter how improbable, has got to be true." 
                                             Sherlock Holmes
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
 Eduard Matito Gras
 M4 - IQC (Institut de Qummica Computacional)
 Universitat de Girona
 Campus Montilivi
 17071 Girona, CATALONIA (Spain)
 Voice: +34.972418358
 Cellular:  +34.605458966
 FAX   +34.972.418356
 Web page: http://iqc.udg.es/~eduard/
 e-mail: eduard #%# iqc.udg.es
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-