Subject: LexiChem 1.0 and Ogham 1.0 released - compound name/structure interconversion and 2D structure rendering

From: George Vacek <vacek-.at.-eyesopen.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:02:02 -0600

OpenEye is pleased to announce the official release of Ogham and 
LexiChem, state-of-the-art programs that handle the 2D rendering, 
naming of compounds and the generation of structures from names.

Ogham is designed to artfully render 2D Kekule drawings from 3D 
structures or connectivity information.  Ogham is easy to work with, 
offering a variety of display controls such as color, size, optional use 
of superatoms, or style of representation for aromatic and dative bonds. 
More importantly Ogham provides a consistent and specifiable orientation 
of core substructures, making it easy to spot common and alternate 
moieties in a series of compounds.

LexiChem provides efficient conversion from chemical names into chemical
structures and vice versa.  Compounds can be named in a number of styles
including fully systematic, preferred IUPAC 2005, acceptable 
common-usage IUPAC, CAS naming conventions, and non-IUPAC traditional 
common names.

Both LexiChem and Ogham are available either as standalone applications 
or as C++ toolkits for software development purposes.  Both programs, 
like all OpenEye software, are available at no charge for non-commercial 
purposes.

For further information, please visit www.eyesopen.com or contact
business-.at.-eyesopen.com.

Regards,
George Vacek
VP, Business Development
OpenEye Scientific Software