Subject: Visualization in chemistry

From: Robert Gotwals <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 92 14:47:29 EDT

Friends,
I've been tasked with writing a chapter for an ACM monograph on
scientific visuaiization for secondary science teachers.  I'll
be focusing on visualization in chemistry.  I hope to portray
what visualization is, how it is being used in chemistry, how
teachers and students can get started, etc.  I'm making no
assumptions about limitations on platforms, as more and more
high schools are getting access to larger platforms these days.

I'm interested in ideas, suggestions, etc. on what to say to
science educators.  I've interviewed a number of people, but I'm
always interested in more/different ideas.  I will certainly sum
up responses for the list.

Basically interested in:
1.  What do teachers/students need to know?
2.  What is the future of visualization?
3.   What are ways to get training in vusiaulzaiton techniques?
4.  Wht are some example activities that students might do (no
limitations on platfomrms?

Anything the community can contribute will be put to good use!

*************************************************************
*    Bob Gotwals                * Blair Magnet Program      *
*    [email-masked]  * 313 Wayne Avenue          *
*    [email-masked]       * Silver Spring, MD 20910   *
*    SuperQuest '91             * (301) 650-6688/6690       *
*                                                           *
*             "What in the world ISN"T chemistry?"          *
**************************************************************