Subject: Advice on workstation purchase needed

From: "Pachkovsky Serge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1992 17:09:49 NSK

Hello everybody,

   I was assigned a task of purchasing a new (and only ;) workstation
for our institute.  We wish to be able to optimize stuctures of
medium-sized nucleic acid fragments on it using Amber.  We wish to be
able to generate pictures of our molecules on it, too.  We are rather
restricted financially and can't spend more then $40,000 on it.

   Would you suggest where and how I can get hold of recent technical
specifications and prices of some workstation manufacturers (Sun, DEC,
IBM's RS/6000, etc.)?  Any mail server, or FTP site, or, better stil,
any advice from you will be invaluable.  I understand that this is a bit
unusual request, but considering my current whereabouts, e-mail is my
sole tool by which I can hope to reach it.

   Thank you for the patience with which you'd read this message!
-- 
/Serge.P                        Internet: [email-masked] (primary)
Serge Pachkovsky                          [email-masked] (backup)

Institute of Bioorganic             FIDO: 2:5000/19
Chemistry, Novosibirsk,
Siberia, Russia.