Subject: Quoting the list

From: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Nov 92 16:57:00 EST

Good day, netters - 

Wolfgang Sauer brought up an interesting and potentially important 
point.  Can or should statements made on the net be quoted?

I would like to make this suggestion.  For a formal presentation 
or manuscript, the writer or speaker should contact the source of 
the statement on the net.  The two individuals can then discuss 
what should be the correct citation.  Probably either personal 
communication or unpublished data.  However, just maybe the 
source for the net may know a better citation than just a message
on the net.

Just a thought - 

					Jeff Nauss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail address:  [email-masked]

Mailing Address:

	Department of Gastroenterology 
	Division of Medicine
	Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
	ATTN: MAJ Jeffrey L. Nauss, Ph.D.
	Washington, D.C. 20307-5100

Telephone: 202-576-3485